** Website undergoing transformation – April 2020 **
Little Stambridge was a small village and parish, with a manor house, a short distance from Rochford in Essex, now a hamlet of scattered houses. Its little church of Saint Mary (registers from 1654) with a tiny nave and chancel was restored and reopened in 1870 only for the parish to be united with Great Stambridge in 1889. The little church was demolished in 1894. All that remains of the churchyard are some ancient gravestones in a wooded area of a garden.